In-pipe Heat Exchanger
Wastewater contains thermal energy which can be recovered. The HUBER TubeWin Heat Exchanger is designed to withdraw sewage from the sewer, screen it, pump it through above-ground Heat Exchangers to recover the energy, and then return it back into the sewer.
The high thermal energy of municipal wastewater is transferred to a carrier medium by means of heat exchanger elements which are mounted directly on the sewer bottom. This technique permits that the energy can be used by a heat pump. The heat exchanger elements do not need extra space as they are installed inside the sewer.
Economic use of municipal wastewater as an energy source and heat sink.
Find out more
The use of a HUBER TubeWin Heat Exchanger represents a sustainable and reliable solution of heat recovery from wastewater.
- Flat and robust design
- Modular design
- Low pressure loss
- Minimised sewer cross section narrowing
- Suitable to be used for sewers as small as DN 1000 and for any sewer profile
- Heating and cooling
- Adaptable to different sewer shapes
- Completely made of V4A stainless steel
- Climate-friendly due to CO2 reduction