Tightening discharge limits requires the use of tertiary filtration for the removal of fine suspended solids, nutrients, bacteria and pathogens. Backwash streams from these processes require clarification for solids removal.
Hydroflux Epco have extensive expertise and references on tertiary clarifiers as follows:
- Over 330 clarifier systems manufactured since 1962, numerous operational on tertiary applications.
- Robust construction with proven sludge removal systems (VeeMax®, LogMax® and HeadMax®)
Find out more
Key Advantages include:
- • High surface area lamella pack design
- • Application knowledge on tertiary sludge clarification
- • Proven effective sludge removal systems
- • Elimination of dead zones
- • Elimination of denitrification
A number of designs and configurations are available, these include:
- • Free standing tank with single or multiple sludge hoppers
- • Concrete tank with integrated sludge removal systems
- • Lamella upgrades to existing circular clarifiers
The HiFlowTM lamella separator is a high rate solids separation process that has 1/10th of the physical footprint as compared to conventional circular clarifiers. It is used as a primary and secondary clarifier in sewage, primary clarifier in water treatment and primary clarification of industrial wastewater.
Hydroflux Epco have extensive expertise and references for clarification/lamella technology as follows:
- • Over 330 clarifier systems manufactured since 1962
- • Highly effective plate pack surface area
- • All stainless steel lamella pack construction
- • Robust construction with proven sludge removal systems (VeeMax®, LogMax® and HeadMax®)
- • Laminar flow conditions
- • Free standing design in steel construction
- • Concrete tank designs for larger applications
A series of inclined lamella plate packs are used to increase the effective surface area of the unit and to overcome hindered settling.